Posted to users@camel.apache.org by apara <ap...@standardset.com> on 2013/08/27 08:47:52 UTC

STOMP: Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded

Hi Group,

I am trying to send a message to activeMQ broker via Camel.  However, I am
getting a "Maximum protocol buffer length exeeded" exception.  Not sure what
I am doing wrong.  I am able to send STOMP messages using spring's
JmsTemplate directly.

Broker Configuration (embedded):
=====================

        //Create a new broker
        //
        final BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

        //Create the network connector
        //
        final TransportConnector
            tcpConnector =
                broker.addConnector("tcp://0.0.0.0:61613),
            stompConnector =
                broker.addConnector("stomp:0.0.0.0:61623),
            wsConnector =
                broker.addConnector("ws://0.0.0.0:61633");

        broker.start();

Camel Spring Wiring
=========================

    <bean class="org.apache.camel.component.stomp.StompComponent">
        <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61613" />
    </bean>

    <camel:camelContext>
        <camel:route>
            <camel:from uri="direct:sample/engine/user" />
            <camel:to uri="stomp:topic/dm6" />
        </camel:route>
    </camel:camelContext>

Producer:
=================================
interface _Producer {
    void onUserEarningEvent(UserEarningEvent e);
}

@Component
public class UserEventProducer implements _Producer {

    @Produce(uri = "direct:sample/engine/user")
    private _Producer
        producer;

    @Override
    public void onUserEarningEvent(final UserEarningEvent e) {
        producer.onUserEarningEvent(e);
    }
}

Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded
org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create route route1
at: >>> To[stomp:queue:dm6] <<< in route:
Route(route1)[[From[direct:gozing/engine/user]] -> [To[stomp... because of
Failed to resolve endpoint: stomp://queue:dm6 due to: The maximum command
length was exceeded
	at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:912)
	at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:177)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRoute(DefaultCamelContext.java:770)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:1914)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartCamel(DefaultCamelContext.java:1670)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:1544)
	at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.doStart(SpringCamelContext.java:179)
	at org.apache.camel.support.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:61)
	at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.start(DefaultCamelContext.java:1512)
	at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeStart(SpringCamelContext.java:228)
	at
org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:118)
Caused by:
java.net.ProtocolException: The maximum command length was exceeded
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.transport.AbstractProtocolCodec.readUntil(AbstractProtocolCodec.java:386)
	at
org.fusesource.stomp.codec.StompProtocolCodec.access$000(StompProtocolCodec.java:29)
	at
org.fusesource.stomp.codec.StompProtocolCodec$1.apply(StompProtocolCodec.java:56)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.transport.AbstractProtocolCodec.read(AbstractProtocolCodec.java:355)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.transport.TcpTransport.drainInbound(TcpTransport.java:656)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.transport.TcpTransport$6.run(TcpTransport.java:538)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.internal.NioDispatchSource$3.run(NioDispatchSource.java:209)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.internal.SerialDispatchQueue.run(SerialDispatchQueue.java:100)
	at
org.fusesource.hawtdispatch.internal.pool.SimpleThread.run(SimpleThread.java:77)

Does anyone has any ideas what may be wrong?  Also, not sure where the
source code for camel-stomp module is located.

Thanks for any help...

-AP_

Re: STOMP: Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded

Posted by Bharath <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

        Try using Stomp protocol over NIO transport.For better scalability
(and performance) you might want to run Stomp protocol over NIO transport.
To do that just use stomp+nio transport prefix instead of stomp.

 For example, add the following transport configuration

 stompConnector =
                broker.addConnector("stomp+nio://localhost:61612")

This transport use NIO transport underneath and will generally use much less
threads than standard connector. This connector can help if you want to use
large number of queues

I don't know this will help you or not but just give a try

For info please refer this link
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html

Cheers!!!
Bharath.R

Re: STOMP: Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded

Posted by apara <ap...@standardset.com>.
Most of the day in meetings today, I did not have a chance to put together
an isolated example.  What I did manage to do re-connect a Spring
JmsTemplate implementation back into my code.  The JmsTemplate
implementation seems to work fine.

Here is how its wired:

    <bean id="jmsStompConnectionFactory"
class="org.fusesource.stomp.jms.StompJmsConnectionFactory">
        <property name="brokerURI" value="tcp://localhost:61623" />
    </bean>

    <bean id="jmsStompTemplate"
class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">
        <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsStompConnectionFactory"
/>
        <property name="pubSubDomain" value="true" />
    </bean>

In my class:

   @Resource(name="jmsStompTemplate")
    private JmsTemplate
        jmsTemplate;

            //Send a stomp message on its way
            //
            jmsTemplate.send(
                //Create a specifically stop destination, regular
destination will not do
                //
                new StompJmsDestination(
                    getTopicName(userId)
                ),

                //Message creator to create a stomp message
                //
                new MessageCreator() {
                    @Override
                    public Message createMessage(final Session session)
throws JMSException {
                        return
                            session.createTextMessage(messageText);
                    }
                }
            );

So, the above appears to work talking to Broker's at tcp://localhost:61623,
recall my broker's configuration is:

        final BrokerService
            broker =
                new BrokerService();

        //Create the network connector
        //
        final TransportConnector
            stompConnector =
                broker.addConnector("stomp+nio://0.0.0.0:61623");

So, the issue does not appear to be on the Broker's side but rather on the
sending side.  Still working on figuring out what the difference is.  By
the way, does anyone know where the code for camel-stomp is, specifically
version 2.12-SNAPSHOT ?

Thanks.
-AP_

Posted by apara <ap...@standardset.com>.
Claus, thanks for your help, your changes worked and helped.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> When using these mailing lists / user forums, then you should have a
> bit of patience as other people often dont have the time to dive into
> something right away.
>

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:30 AM, apara <ap...@standardset.com> wrote:
>> Dejan,
>>
>> Should I create a formal bug for this issue with the sample of code which I
>> uploaded to this group?
>>
>> At this point, I tried all the options I could think of and could not fix
>> this issue.  For now, we are using JmsTemplate approach to go directly to
>> the ActiveMQ Broker bypassing Camel, however, ideally we would like to use
>> Camel in this application.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>>
>> -AP_
>>

>> --

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: STOMP: Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

When using these mailing lists / user forums, then you should have a
bit of patience as other people often dont have the time to dive into
something right away.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:30 AM, apara <ap...@standardset.com> wrote:
> Dejan,
>
> Should I create a formal bug for this issue with the sample of code which I
> uploaded to this group?
>
> At this point, I tried all the options I could think of and could not fix
> this issue.  For now, we are using JmsTemplate approach to go directly to
> the ActiveMQ Broker bypassing Camel, however, ideally we would like to use
> Camel in this application.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> -AP_

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: STOMP: Exception: The maximum command length was exceeded

Posted by Alex Paransky <ap...@standardset.com>.
Dejan and all,

Here is quick isolated sample of the code breaking (2 java classes,
configuration and pom).

Execute with:

mvn clean install

The unit test starts up embedded broker and attempts to create a camel
route via stomp.

Posted by apara <ap...@standardset.com>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@sensatic.net>.
Coupe more things to try.