Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net> on 2008/01/14 19:56:56 UTC

confusing reintegrate-TODO item

Karl, neither Dan nor I can remember what this means:

* Deal with renamed merge target, when the mergeinfo is up-to-date, but
  under an unexpected name. (dlr)

Do you?

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: confusing reintegrate-TODO item

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"David Glasser" <gl...@davidglasser.net> writes:
> Karl, neither Dan nor I can remember what this means:
>
> * Deal with renamed merge target, when the mergeinfo is up-to-date, but
>   under an unexpected name. (dlr)
>
> Do you?

No.  Just now I looked for a TODO(reint) comment related to it, but I
don't see any.  The sentence seems descriptive enough, but when I
think about what it would mean, it doesn't make sense: the target's
name may have changed, but the mergeinfo on the target should still be
valid (because the merge sources' names haven't changed).  Hunh.

Arrived in NY today, by the way.  My gracious hosts [*] have set me up
with a desk of my own (and a net connection) in a quiet corner of
their living room.  Wouldn't it be nice, in some kind of hypothetical
alternate universe, if I actually started doing work again, instead of
driving around on the interstate highway system and randomly stopping
in at hotels to check email?  Yes, it would...

-K

[*] Micah Anderson, Debian Developer Extraordinaire, and Biella
    Coleman, Anthropologist Extraordinaire & Plenipotentiary.

Re: confusing reintegrate-TODO item

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
David Glasser wrote:
> Karl, neither Dan nor I can remember what this means:
>
> * Deal with renamed merge target, when the mergeinfo is up-to-date, but
>   under an unexpected name. (dlr)
>
> Do you?

Unless something changed since Karl left my place Saturday morning, neither
he nor I could figure out what that TODO item was for.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>