Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Leticia <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 12:16:41 UTC

Two qpid brokers in a single machine

Hello,

is it possible to have more than one qpid executed in the same machine? What
I have to do in order to obtain it?

I need it to test federation skills in qpid and I only have one machine at
my disposal.

Many thanks,

Leticia

Re: Two qpid brokers in a single machine

Posted by Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 12:16 +0100, Leticia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to have more than one qpid executed in the same machine? What
> I have to do in order to obtain it?

Yes, but they cannot share the same port. Starting the brokers using the
-p option will allow you to set a port for each instance; using -p 0
will allow each broker to set its own port number, and the broker will
print it out on the command line at startup. If you use persistence, you
may need to set a different data-dir or store-dir for each instance too.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Two qpid brokers in a single machine

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Leticia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to have more than one qpid executed in the same machine? What
> I have to do in order to obtain it?
>
> I need it to test federation skills in qpid and I only have one machine at
> my disposal.
>
> Many thanks,
>

> Leticia

you need to either specify a different config file {--config} for the
second broker, or it run command line. Either
way you need to specify the the following for the second broker.

The second broker will need
--port 3673    #for example
--data-dir  /tmp/broker2

Carl.

Posted by Leticia <re...@gmail.com>.
Btw, I forgot to say that I have qpid installed in Fedora 10.