Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/24 21:58:56 UTC

js library suggestion

I don't know all the inner workings, but from what I saw of Form.js
(which is awesome work btw), I really feel like you guys are missing
out on another library that provides tons of support in this area,
outside of pure ajax models as well..

This is an un-official reference guide that does a fairly decent job
of outlining what you can do, the form stuff is closer to the
bottom...The library is definitely pretty well tested and reliable..

http://www.sergiopereira.com/articles/prototype.js.html

jesse

Re: js library suggestion

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
crap..good point..Sounds like a head-ache. You could somehow make it
"configurable", but then you'd start getting all kinds of
nightmare-ish support requests for incompatible library versions. I
dunno. How does ruby on rails manage this? I might check later and
report back if there's anything worth reporting.

Re: js library suggestion

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I meant to provide a link in that last post.
http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page?demo=ricoEffectSize.html

Re: js library suggestion

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: js library suggestion

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's funny; I've been suddenly bombarded by pointers to this library.
It looks nice and well thought out.

Just looked at the Prototype library and the good news is that its
license is fully public.  However, if we embed a version of Prototype
into Tapestry, we may cause more harm than good ... in that
applications that want to use it will be locked into a specific
version of Prototype.

On 8/24/05, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know all the inner workings, but from what I saw of Form.js
> (which is awesome work btw), I really feel like you guys are missing
> out on another library that provides tons of support in this area,
> outside of pure ajax models as well..
>
> This is an un-official reference guide that does a fairly decent job
> of outlining what you can do, the form stuff is closer to the
> bottom...The library is definitely pretty well tested and reliable..
>
> http://www.sergiopereira.com/articles/prototype.js.html
>
> jesse

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry