Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Radu Tudoran <ra...@huawei.com> on 2015/12/01 12:24:39 UTC

question about DataStream serialization

Hello,

I have the following scenario

·         Reading a fixed set
DataStream<String> fixedset = env.readtextFile(...

·         Reading a continuous stream of data
DataStream<String> stream = ....

I would need that for each event read from the continuous stream to make some operations onit and on the fixedsettoghether

I have tried something like

List<>

Final myObject.referenceStaticSet = fixedset;
stream.map(new MapFunction<String, String>() {
                     @Override
                     public String map(String arg0) throws Exception {

                           //for example:   final string2add = arg0;
                                                                //the goal of below function would be to add the string2add to the fixedset
                           myObject.referenceStaticSet = myObject.referenceStaticSet.flatMap(new FlatMapFunction<String, String>() {

                                  @Override
                                  public void flatMap(String arg0, Collector<String> arg1)
                                                                                //for example adding to the fixed set also the string2add object:   arg1.collect(string2add);
                                                                                }
}

However,  I get an exception (Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: ) that object is not serializable (Object MyClass$3@a71081 not serializable )

Looking into this I see that the DataStream<> is not serializable

What would be the solution to this issue?

As I said I would like that for each event from the continuous stream to use the initial fixed set, add the event to it and apply an operation.
Stephan was mentioning at some point some possibility to create a DataSet and launch a batch processing while operating in stream mode- in case this is possible, can you give me a reference for it, because it might be the good solution to  use in case I could treat the fixed set as a DataSet and just add/remove the incoming event to it and apply an operation

Regards,

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer
IT R&D Division

[cid:image007.jpg@01CD52EB.AD060EE0]
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudoran@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Jingwen TAO, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Jingwen TAO, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!