Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Aufgabe Zwei <au...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/11 10:56:33 UTC

Cannot create Shared network for internet traffic

Hello,

I am new to CS and started with it just about 2 months ago.

I've been able to configure cloudstack  4.17.0.1 on a dedicated server from
ovh and from the CS docs, I read that I need to create at least one Shared
network for internet traffic

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/networking_and_traffic.html#configure-public-traffic-in-an-advanced-zone

I have created Shared Network offerings but when I try to create a Shared
Guest Network, the Shared networks I created does not show up in the
Network offering drop down in the Shared Network creation GUI

I am mostly going with the defaults in the Offering creation form.

Can someone help me with this? I can provide additional information since I
don't know what exactly to provide.

Re: Cannot create Shared network for internet traffic

Posted by Aufgabe Zwei <au...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I got some time to dig deeper into the issue and I think it is bug
in listNetworkOfferings api.

Even when I created network offerings that target local shared storage, the
network offering list was always empty in shared network tab

I have opened a bug report

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6747

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,