Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Servalan eq <se...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/27 16:36:18 UTC

Redirects appearing in error.log and invalid_client_requests metric

We've noticed some odd behaviour around redirects and error logging.
If we use   TSHttpTxn->redirect = 1  ( and a TSUrlHostSet)from a remap plugin  We see a 302 responce, which works fine, but the transaction appears in the error.log e.g.
20120727.10h43m10s RESPONSE: sent <IP> status 302 (Redirect) for '<URL>'
and two of the traffic_line metrics are incremented
traffic_line -r "proxy.process.http.transaction_counts.errors.connect_failed"traffic_line -r "proxy.process.http.invalid_client_requests
If we have a redirect performed not by a plugin, using a redirect_temporary entry in remap.config the entry still appears in the error.log ( as a 307) butthe counters *don't* go up.
If we try a TSHttpTxnSetHttpRetStatus to 307 the response to the requestor is still 302, and the transaction appears in both the error.log and the metrics.
If we set status to 301 (TS_HTTP_STATUS_MOVED_PERMANENTLY) we see a 301 returned to caller, the transaction is in the error.log but *not* added to the error metrics.
This is happening on both Traffic Server 3.0.4 and 3.2.0.
Is this expected behaviour? Is there some way to remove deliberate redirects from the error.log at least?
thanks very much,
Servalaneq