Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Green <jg...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/23 17:22:01 UTC

Apache/Tomcat Configuration Question

All,

I have Apache and Tomcat integrated together using
mod_jk.  The problem is now when I hit my webserver,
it always defaults to the root context of tomcat.  No
matter what I set in my Apache httpd.conf file it gets
ignored.  I have tried to setup a virtual server in my
httpd.conf file to point to the docroot I want to
serve up as the default, but it is ignored.
Originally I had my Apache working with PHP, but since
I installed Tomcat, I have been unable to figure out
how to serve up both.

Thanks,

John Green

Re: Apache/Tomcat Configuration Question

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, John Green wrote:

> All,
>
> I have Apache and Tomcat integrated together using mod_jk.  The
> problem is now when I hit my webserver, it always defaults to the
> root context of tomcat.  No matter what I set in my Apache
> httpd.conf file it gets ignored.  I have tried to setup a virtual
> server in my httpd.conf file to point to the docroot I want to serve
> up as the default, but it is ignored.  Originally I had my Apache
> working with PHP, but since I installed Tomcat, I have been unable
> to figure out how to serve up both.

You're going to need to provide a lot more specifics if you expect
anyone to give you specific advice.  Like your conf files.  And any
relevant messages from the logs.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu