Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Token Scotsman <to...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/25 16:48:23 UTC

LogFactoryImpl.java - SecurityException

Hi.

Would it be possible for someone to change file LogFactoryImpl.java?
It currently has:
        } catch (SecurityException e) {
        }
And it might be better if it had:
        } catch (SecurityException e) {
                logClassName = LOG_DEFAULT;
        }

This would prevent null being passed to loadClass().

Hope people think this is a good idea.

Re: LogFactoryImpl.java - SecurityException

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Hi,
I does not work on this project, but I think it is not the best idea to set
default logger on security exeption.
It will be very dificult to find a problem and grant requred permissions or
to dissable logging if app does not have permissions for logging.
The most *secure* way not to catch SecurityException at all, or
rethrow it. It must be not a problem because it is Runtime exception.