Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Longland <jo...@im-systems.com> on 2004/07/01 15:15:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Installing 2.0.50

Hi all

Installing apache 2.0.50 on my suse 9.1 machine.
When I run
        ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2
	( running it from the DIR :   /usr/local/httpd-2.0.50    )

it checks a whole wack of things ( all OK ) and then it falls over at:

.
.
.
checking for gcc........gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...configure: error : C
compiler
cannot create executables

Not sure if I am the only one having this problem : the FAQ yielded nothing.

TIW !!!!

John Longland
IMS
www.im-systems.com
johnl@im-systems.com
www.musicaexscriptum.com

Re: [users@httpd] Installing 2.0.50

Posted by Tomasz Chmielewski <ma...@interia.pl>.
John Longland wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Installing apache 2.0.50 on my suse 9.1 machine.
> When I run
>         ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2
> 	( running it from the DIR :   /usr/local/httpd-2.0.50    )
>

> it checks a whole wack of things ( all OK ) and then it falls over at:
>
> .
> .
> .
> checking for gcc........gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name...configure: error : C
> compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> Not sure if I am the only one having this problem : the FAQ yielded nothing.

Because it's not Apache issue.

Make sure you have basic packets needed for compiling packages
installed: glibc-devel, maybe kernel-headers etc.

-- T.