Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olexandr Prokhorenko <pr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/22 01:15:20 UTC

Apache 2.2 proxy and Tomcat 5.5 container - couldn't map to root

Hi everybody,

I believe this is a common problem, but I wasn't able to find any answer to it,
yet.  I have a project WAR deployed in Tomcat 5.5 container, so I can see it as
http://tomcat.server:8080/project.  I've installed Apache 2.2 HTTP server as a
front-end, and now I want to see my J2EE project as http://project.name/.  I've
configured the mod_proxy and all other stuff to do the proxing and redirect.  It
works just fine through AJP except one thing.  First of all, Acegi security SSO
doesn't work -- it requires to sign-in every single page.  For the second, all
links are using path /prohject, but not /.  So I work with project from
http://project.name/project, but I can't map it to / (root), because I believe
when it's being processed, it supposes to be executed with the different path
(/project) so all links it builds (Acegi also) are /project/blablabla.jsp, etc.
 Can somebody please help me out with this?

Thanks.

Re: Apache 2.2 proxy and Tomcat 5.5 container - couldn't map to root

Posted by Olexandr Prokhorenko <pr...@gmail.com>.
It's going to be too slow for production use.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.