Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by pradeepbill <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 20:41:17 UTC

puts3object super slow

Hello folks,
I have a listenSyslogProcessor -> puts3object processor, and our network
bandwidth is 1GBPS, but I see a super slow performance on the s3 writes,our
s3 bucket has no policy, here are the stats

Total Size written – 17MB
Total Time for Queue to empty – 21 mins
Min/Max/Mean – 0.0/9.29MB/1.08MB

Its absolutely unusable, I dont know where the slowness is , either the
puts3processor api?, or network ? , or environment ? .Where can I debug, the
nifi-app.log has no errors/exceptions.Please advice.

Thanks
Pradeep

Re: puts3object super slow

Posted by pradeepbill <pr...@gmail.com>.
thanks Bryan, i took your hint, and looks like the network might be the
culprit.I did a test and 95M took almost an hour.

Re: puts3object super slow

Posted by Bryan Rosander <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Pradeep,

How does the upload speed compare to uploading without NiFi?  Maybe try the
enhanced uploader [1] to the same bucket from the same machine to see if
the problem is internal to NiFi or maybe due to something else?

[1] http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/UG/enhanced-uploader.html

Thanks,
Bryan