Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Josh <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 16:18:53 UTC

How long will the Axis 1.x code be supported?

All,

Obviously, Axis 1.3 is not supported because Axis 1.4 is available.  Does
the same rule apply to Axis 1.4 now that 2.x is available?  Are there are
plans to retire the Axis 1.X code base?

Regards,

Josh

Re: How long will the Axis 1.x code be supported?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Josh,

For the foreseeable future, there isn't going to be much work done in
1.X. We may have to do a 1.5 specifically for supporting Geronimo
since it uses Axis 1.X for jaxrpc. Other than that, please move on to
2.x is the strong message from the dev team.

thanks,
dims