Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mathias Fryde <ma...@mimesis-republic.com> on 2009/04/03 09:38:56 UTC

Amazon Elastic Map-Reduce and Pig

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone as test Pig on Amazon Elastic Map-Reduce.
Could anyone can give us a feed back of compatibility etc ...

Witch version of Pig is working on Amazon Elastic Map-Reduce ?

thanks in advance.
Mathias

Re: Amazon Elastic Map-Reduce and Pig

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Based on a quick look, it doesn't seem pig will run out of the box
with Amazon's new offering.  They allow you to submit your jar for
hadoop via a web page or via a command line utility that uses a web
services API.  Pig does generate a jar to send to hadoop, but it
doesn't expose that to the user.  So to work with this new service,
either Amazon would have to accept pig scripts directly, just as it
accepts haddop jars (which would be ideal), or pig would have to have
an option where it could create the jar for the user and then not
execute it.  The user could then submit this jar to Amazon's service
(this is obviously less ideal).

Alan.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

--