Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rafael Barrera Oro <ra...@akyasociados.com.ar> on 2007/09/10 18:40:10 UTC

How to deploy a project's depenencies

   Hello i am working with two differente projects with separate build
files. My intention is to build project A and make a JAR out of it (they
are Java projects), then include it in project B and finally, deploy
project B in a tomcat server.
   The thing is i can not manage to deploy project B with all its
dependencies, it seems like whenever i deploy something ends missing on
the deployment. Judging by the errors i get, the problem is the absence
of several dependencies, not just project A but a lot of JAR referenced
by project B.

Thanks in advance, any help would be very appreciated.

Rafael

PD: I hope i made myself clear, if not, feel free to point out.

RE: How to deploy a project's depenencies

Posted by "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com>.
There are several strategies for managing library dependecies in a java
project. You could use something like Apache Maven
(http://maven.apache.org/). You could check in the libraries to your
source control system.

In my work, most often the easiest solution is to check in the 3rd party
jars to source control and deploy them with our compiled code to the
runtime environment. When a dependency is another internally developed
library, I would do the following.

<available property="some.jar.exists" file="relative/path/to/some.jar"/>

<target name="build-dependency" unless="some.jar.exists"/>
 <ant file="path/to/some/build.xml" target="build"/>
</target>

<target name="deploy" depends="build-dependency">

I hope this helps.

-Rob Anderson