Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Dang Quoc Bao (FHO.FSB)" <Ba...@fsoft.com.vn> on 2015/08/10 09:02:22 UTC

The best value for Constant timers in Jmeter

Hi All!
I have researched about Jmeter. I'm a beginner of Jmeter. And now I have a question and hope everyone will help me. My question is: "What is the best value for Constant timers in Jmeter?"
Should I use Constant timers or use Throughput Constant timers?
Thanks you very much.
Best Regards
Dang Quoc Bao

Re: The best value for Constant timers in Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Im not sure whether I should interpret value as "what is the use of ?" or
whether you literally mean value.
Lets take your example - Suppose your site does have 5000 users active at
any given point of time - However probably not all of them click something
at exactly the same time - So your concurrent usage may be for e.g. 1000
requests per minute. If you wanted to model this , you could create a
thread group with 5000 threads , but add a constant throughput timer to
ensure that JMeter only makes 1000 requests per minute.

Constant timer as before is to introduce a pause between requests which is
how most users would behave.
regards
deepak

Posted by "Dang Quoc Bao (FHO.FSB)" <Ba...@fsoft.com.vn>.