Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Frans Englich <fr...@telia.com> on 2006/08/14 17:14:54 UTC

Statistic analysis tool

Hi everyone,

I would find it very practical with an analyzis tool for SVN repositories.
Optimally would be if I passed this web service/program a URI to my SVN
repository(with path, possibly), and then it would generate a report,
primarily reporting:

Who that have written what and how much(percentage and line wise), in total
and when extracting lines changed by others.

Does anyone know of such a tool, or something that comes close?

Thanks in advance,

		Frans

Re: Statistic analysis tool

Posted by Christopher Taylor <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

StatSVN looks promising but unfortunately it does produce some
incorrect results.  Specifically, it doesn't handle moves/renames
well.  I talked with the developers a while ago and apparently the
authors of this project only did this as a university class project.
It didn't sound like they are really planning on making this a
permanent project, but I'm REALLY hoping my impression is incorrect.

Do you know what was causing the incorrect results?

That said, I'm thinking about getting involved with this project after
some things in my personal life are finished.  Since StatSVN was
forked off from StatCVS, it really should merge back with it if at all
possible.  Unfortuantely, this would require some substantial work,
and I'm not sure if the StatCVS people are up to this (either in the
form of a provided patch, or them doing the work themselves).  I'll
look into this a little more in a month or two.

-Christopher

Re: Statistic analysis tool

Posted by Frans Englich <fr...@telia.com>.
On Monday 14 August 2006 17:14, Frans Englich wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would find it very practical with an analyzis tool for SVN repositories.
> Optimally would be if I passed this web service/program a URI to my SVN
> repository(with path, possibly), and then it would generate a report,
> primarily reporting:
>
> Who that have written what and how much(percentage and line wise), in total
> and when extracting lines changed by others.
>
> Does anyone know of such a tool, or something that comes close?

Another one, apart from the two already mentioned in this thread, is StatSVN,
http://www.statsvn.org/.

They've thoroughly hidden their alpha release. I tried it out and it seems to
report incorrect data for my project.

		Frans

RE: Statistic analysis tool

Posted by Zsolt <zk...@intland.com>.