Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Nikitin Artem <Ar...@advlab.io> on 2018/04/09 16:53:20 UTC

impala building process

Hi all. I'm trying to add impala to existing hadoop cluster. I'm using the instructions described at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Building+Impala but I don't understand, why these scripts downloading Hadoop cluster components (I'm already have a cluster). Please help.

Re: impala building process

Posted by Fredy Wijaya <fw...@cloudera.com>.
bootstrap_development.sh is meant for doing Impala development. If you just
want to build Impala, you can simply run bootstrap_build.sh (
https://github.com/apache/impala/blob/master/bin/bootstrap_build.sh).

*Fredy Wijaya* | Software Engineer
e. fwijaya@cloudera.com
cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>