Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Maria <li...@126.com> on 2016/09/02 11:56:29 UTC

CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION

Hi,all:
  I hava set "hive.users.in.admin.role=hive" in hive-site.xml, and I hive some "create temporary function ..." in .hiverc, when I start beeline, it occured NO PRIVILEGE:

FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: Principal [name=hive, type=USER] does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION [[ADMIN PRIVILEGE] on Object [type=FUNCTION, name=to_timestamp]]

I know that "A user in the admin role can run commands to create these functions",
And also I know  login to Beeline as user hive and set "set role admin;" and then execute these "create temporary function"  commands is one solution,but we have a number of  temporary functions in .hiverc,

so can someone give me a little suggestion?

thanks in advance.

Maria

Re: Re:CREATE FUNCTION ERROR: does not have following privileges for operation CREATEFUNCTION

Posted by Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Can you create the functions as permanent functions once, so you don't have to create temp functions every time?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-Create/Drop/ReloadFunction?

I mean is there any other way to execute these command automatically when starting beeline or connecting to HS2 from java JDBC API  wiht loading .hiverc file at the same time?

? 2016-09-02 19:56:29,"Maria" <li...@126.com> ??:

Posted by Maria <li...@126.com>.

在 2016-09-02 19:56:29,"Maria" <li...@126.com> 写道: