Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jeremy Buckley - IQ-C <je...@gsa.gov.INVALID> on 2022/04/15 01:12:03 UTC

Dismax query parser and wildcards

qt=/select

{!lucene df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns lots of results
{!dismax df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns *zero *results
{!edismax df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns lots of results

What is wrong with dismax?

Re: Dismax query parser and wildcards

Posted by Jeremy Buckley - IQ-C <je...@gsa.gov.INVALID>.
I was using dismax because these are subqueries of a potentially complex
boolean query that I don't want to inherit all the edismax defaults from
the request handler. I need edismax at the top level for boost.  But I
guess I should figure out how to get edismax to work in the subqueries (I
need mm, so lucene is not an option).

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/14/2022 7:12 PM, Jeremy Buckley - IQ-C wrote:
> qt=/select
>
> {!lucene df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns lots of results
> {!dismax df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns *zero *results
> {!edismax df=mpno v='fo4a*'}  returns lots of results
>
> What is wrong with dismax?

The dismax parser doesn't do everything.  Which is why edismax exists.

The edismax parser does everything dismax can, but also understands most
of what the lucene parser does.  Think of it as a blend of lucene and
dismax.

Thanks,
Shawn