Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr> on 2013/10/23 16:16:51 UTC

Is Solr can create temporary sub-index ?

Dear Solr User,

We have to do a new web project which is : Connect our SOLR database to
a web plateform.

This Web Plateform will be used by several users at the same time.
They do requests on our SOLR and they can apply filter on the result.

i.e.:
Our SOLR contains 87M docs
An user do requests, result is around few hundreds to several thousands.
On the Web Plateform, user will see first 20 results (or more by using
But he will need also to filter the whole result by additional terms.
(Terms that our plateform will propose him)

Is SOLR can create temporary index (manage by SOLR himself during a web
session) ?

My goal is to not download the whole result on local computer to provide
filter, or to re-send
the same request several times added to the new criterias.

Many thanks for your comment,

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Is Solr can create temporary sub-index ?

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.
Hum I think my fieldType = "text_classification" is not appropriated for
this kind of data...

I don't need to use stopwords, synonym etc...

IC field is a field that contains codes, and codes contains often the
char "/"
and if I use the Terms option, I get:

<lst name="ic">
<int name="00">4563254</int>
<int name="00">3763554</int>
<int name="00">2263254</int>
..

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.
I need your help to define the right fieldType, please,

this field must be indexed, stored and each value must be considered as
one term.
The char / don't be consider like a separator.

Is String could be a good fieldType ?

thanks

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.
I have a little question concerning statistics on a request:

I have a field defined like that:
<field name="ic" type="text_classification" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

<fieldType name="text_classification" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
  <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
  </analyzer>
  <analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>

Date sample for this field:
<arr name="ic">
  <str>A23L1/22066</str>
  <str>A23L1/227</str>
  <str>A23L1/231</str>
  <str>A23L1/2375</str>
</arr>

My question is:
   Is it possible to have frequency of terms for the whole result of the
initial user's request?

Thanks a lot,
Bruno

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.