Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 23:38:23 UTC

question about the file data/index.properties

I am running 2 separate 4.3 SolrCloud clusters.  On one of them I noticed
the file data/index.properties on the replica nodes where the index
directory is named "index.<value of index property in index.properties>".
 On the other cluster, the index directory is just named "index".

Under what condition is index.properties created?  I am trying to
understand why there is a difference between my 2 SolrCloud clusters.

Bill

Re: question about the file data/index.properties

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that info.  So besides the two that I have already seen, are
there any more ways that the index directory can be named?  I am working on
some home-grown administration scripts which need to know the name of the
index directory.

Bill

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.