Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Lucio Savino <lu...@libero.it> on 2007/09/14 14:28:22 UTC

Fwd:

Hi all,
I tried to add jetspeed schema to the Apache DS server following this guide:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/ldap.html
I modified the server.xml file as described in the guide and then I added the jar file, downloaded from http://people.apache.org/~taylor/LDAP/jetspeed-security-schema-2.1.3-dev.jar, in the Apache DS lib directory.
I use Apache DS 1.0.2.
At the start up of Apache DS, the class that I specified in server.xml for the jetspeed bean (org.apache.jetspeed.security.ldap.JetspeedSchema) searches the AbstractBootstrapSchema class in org/apache/ldap/server/schema/bootstrap/. This class was in this position in the previous version of Apache DS (I think 0.93), but in the 1.0.2 version it is in org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/bootstrap, and so I have a ClassNotFoundException.

Can Anybody help my?

Thanks.

Leggi GRATIS le tue mail con il telefonino i-mode™ di Wind
http://i-mode.wind.it/

Re: Re: Fwd:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Sep 24, 2007, at 4:47 PM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Lucio Savino wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I tried to add jetspeed schema to the Apache DS server following
>> this guide:
>> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-
>> security/ldap.html
>> I modified the server.xml file as described in the guide and then
>> I added the jar file, downloaded from http://people.apache.org/
>> ~taylor/LDAP/jetspeed-security-schema-2.1.3-dev.jar, in the Apache
>> DS lib directory.
>> I use Apache DS 1.0.2.
>> At the start up of Apache DS, the class that I specified in
>> server.xml for the jetspeed bean
>> (org.apache.jetspeed.security.ldap.JetspeedSchema) searches the
>> AbstractBootstrapSchema class in org/apache/ldap/server/schema/
>> bootstrap/. This class was in this position in the previous
>> version of Apache DS (I think 0.93), but in the 1.0.2 version it
>> is in org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/bootstrap, and so I
>> have a ClassNotFoundException.
>>
>> Can Anybody help my?
>>
> We are compiling against the 0.9.3 version of Apache DS
> I looked into building against 1.0.2, problem is I can't find a
> maven-directory-plugin for version 1.0.2
> Out on ibiblio they only seem to go up to 0.9...
> So we are stuck on 0.9 until we can get a plugin to correctly
> generate our schema classes for 1.0.2
> I suppose it may be interesting to just skip over to 1.5 which
> doesn't seem to need this compilation phase, but I haven't tried it
> For the next release Im going to leave things at 0.9.3

Try this with 1.0.2, seems to work, although I can't seem to
reproduce the build steps now to create it as the schema-archetype is
broken mess for 1.0.2 (it generates the wrong package, not to mention
generics for a 1.3 target)

http://people.apache.org/~taylor/LDAP/jetspeed.schema-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Re: Fwd:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.