Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2014/07/08 21:54:11 UTC

PDF 2.0 spec

Hello Leonard,

Another wish for clarification: inline images. It should be mentioned
that there must be a line change before and after the "EI". Currently,
some vendors are just using a space, or even nothing at all. The result
is that we're using heuristics to decide whether an "EI" is really the
end of inline image data, or part of inline image data.

See here
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/pdfbox/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfparser/PDFStreamParser.java?view=markup&sortby=date
look for the comment "PDF spec is kinda unclear about this" :-)

Tilman

Re: PDF 2.0 spec

Posted by Leonard Rosenthol <lr...@adobe.com>.
That’s already been done!   In addition, we added a new optional /L key
for specifying the length of an inline image to also help find the end of
the image (to help avoid the intermediate EI’s).

Personally, I wanted to deprecate Inline Images completely but I lost that
one :(.

Leonard