Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kevin Moran <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/30 01:08:20 UTC

Question on ContentInterceptor

Hi all,
    Is it possible to tell using ContentInterceptor
when nodes are deleted?  I'm trying to do some special
processing whenever collections with a particular MIME
type are created or their immediate children are added
or deleted.  I've subclassed ContentInterceptor and
used its postStoreContent() to detect when such
collections are created or children are added to them.
 That works fine.
    What I don't know is how to detect when those
child nodes are deleted.  It appears to me that
postRetrieveContent() is called when my client deletes
a child node.  I can see the deleted node's URI in the
NodeRevisionDescriptors object passed to
postRetrieveObject().  But I don't know how to
determine from within that method that the node has
actually been deleted.  I tried doing a
structure.retrieve() on the deleted node's URI with
the hope of catching an ObjectNotFoundException.  But
I don't think it is being thrown.

Given this, is ContentInterceptor what I should be
using here or do I need to subclass the servlet?

Thanks!
-kevin

P.S.  I'm using Slide 1.0.16 with JDBCDescriptorsStore
and FileContentStore.