Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/21 01:38:24 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "ScanHTMLTitles directive in .htaccess file not working" on BSDI (fwd)

not acked.

Anyone? I've seen it working on apache.org

From: erude@ha-llc.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Thu Jun 20  8:38:14 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "ScanHTMLTitles directive in .htaccess file not working" on BSDI

Submitter: erude@ha-llc.com
Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.01
Version of Apache Used: 1.1b
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
When a .htaccess file in a directory contains the
IndexOptions directive with the ScanHTMLTitles

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from erude@ha-llc.com -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "ScanHTMLTitles directive in .htaccess file not working" on BSDI (fwd)

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, erude@ha-llc.com wrote:

> When a .htaccess file in a directory contains the
> IndexOptions directive with the ScanHTMLTitles
> option, the index file generated has nothing in
> the Description column.  All other options
> (SuppressSize, FancyIndexing, etc...) work
> properly.

It does work, with one (possibly major) exception: the title tag *must* be
in uppercase letters, e.g. <TITLE> and </TITLE>. <title>, <Title>, or any
other capitalization will not work. This is a misfeature (not quite a
bug), and will no doubt be changed in a future release.

However, with current Apache releases (most likely though the 1.1 final
release), you must use all-uppercase title tags.

Thanks for using Apache!

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server