Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2010/11/26 11:10:58 UTC

Eclipse build

I've followed the instructions at
http://cxf.apache.org/setting-up-eclipse.html to create an Eclipse
project using the current trunk code, but Eclipse gives me a bunch of
Checkstyle errors as well as a bunch of warnings. Here's a
representative sampling of the Checkstyle errors (89 in all):

Got an exception - unexpected char: 0xFFFF    AddNumbers.java
/cxf-systests-jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/handlers/types
line 93    Checkstyle Problem
Missing a header - not enough lines in file.    package-info.java
/cxf-systests-jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/handlers/types
line 1    Checkstyle Problem
Wrong order for 'org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.Soap11.SOAP_NAMESPACE'
import.    MAPAggregatorTest.java
/cxf-rt-ws-addr/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/ws/addressing    line 69
Checkstyle Problem

The warnings (346) all appear to relate to svn files included in the src
tree:

The resource is a duplicate of src/main/java/.svn/all-wcprops and was
not copied to the output folder    all-wcprops
/cxf-systests-java2ws/src/main/resources/.svn    Unknown    Java Problem
The resource is a duplicate of src/main/java/.svn/all-wcprops and was
not copied to the output folder    all-wcprops
/cxf-xerces-xsd-validation/src/main/resources/.svn    Unknown    Java
Problem
The resource is a duplicate of src/main/java/.svn/entries and was not
copied to the output folder    entries
/cxf-systests-java2ws/src/main/resources/.svn    Unknown    Java Problem
The resource is a duplicate of src/main/java/.svn/entries and was not
copied to the output folder    entries
/cxf-xerces-xsd-validation/src/main/resources/.svn    Unknown    Java
Problem

Are these all expected problems, or do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks,

  - Dennis
--

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java SOA and Web Services Consulting <http://www.sosnoski.com/consult.html>

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Should be all fixed now.   I had to rely on a snapshot of buildtools as I
needed to update the checkstyle rules a bit, but I'll release that with 2.3.1
hopefully later today if I'm nothing else major pops up and I can somehow get
out of meeting hell.

Dan

dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
I'm running on Linux (OpenSUSE 11.3, 32bit). Eclipse shows the file
encoding as UTF-8 (inherited from container).

I've checked the hexdump of some of the files and confirmed there is no
0xFFFF character present. I did notice that the "//CHECKSTYLE:ON" line
in these files was right at the end, and did not have a newline. Since
0xFFFF is what you get if you interpret a read failure/end of file as a
character I thought this might relate, so tried adding a newline at the
end of the file. That eliminated the "unexpected char: 0xFFFF"
exceptions for the cases I tried.

  - Dennis

Re: Eclipse build

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.