Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2004/10/10 08:24:34 UTC

toward equilibrium

Changes that I've done:

  1) added "libtool" to brutus since the native part of catalina were
not picking it up

  2) moved ant-contrib and domts over (easier to make them validate and
they shouldn't change much overtime anyway)

  3) catalina should be fixed

  4) jrefactory-pretty is broken and it's hanging 9 projects, but it's
their fault.

  5) cactus is failing and hanging 12 projects with a weird
"SecurityException" due to servlet.jar being "sealed". I've looked into
this and I seems that cactus uses the <available> ant task to find out
if a class in the servlet API exists, and this somehow triggers the
exception. the servlet API package generated by the jakarta-servlet
project is *NOT* sealed, so it seems to me that there is something going
on with the classloader. Do you guys have any idea of what's up with this?

  6) mx4j-tools is failing and hanging 18 projects and it appears to be
their fault:

      [javac]
/usr/local/gump/public/workspace/mx4j/src/tools/mx4j/tools/remote/http/jetty/JettyWebContainer.java:41:
unreported exception java.lang.Exception; must be caught or declared to
be thrown
     [javac]          server.start();

since they don't catch an exception that Jetty throws. Nagging is
enabled, so we might just need to contact them.

  The rest of the problems is pretty much all about Excalibur.

Here is the list of problems, ranked by most critical:

  1) excalibur-instrument-mgr-impl

       all dependencies appear satisfied, but it doesn't find "junit"
classes

  2) excalibur-logger

       it doesn't find the "avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar" dependency

  3) excalibur-event-impl

       all dependencies appear satisfied, but it doesn't find "junit"
classes

  4) excalibur-sourceresolve

       does not find the following dependencies:
	avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar
         jsse-1.0.3_03.jar
         excalibur-fortress-container-api-1.2.jar
         excalibur-fortress-meta-1.2.jar
         qdox-1.1.jar

[here it's weird, since excalibur-fortress-container-api-1.2.jar]

investigation continues...

--
Stefano.

Re: toward equilibrium

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Changes that I've done:
>
>  1) added "libtool" to brutus since the native part of catalina were not
> picking it up

Actually, I was planning to remove those (they have no dependant, so no
harm), until the discussion of adding <configure> and <make> came up .  Then
I left them until they could be converted.  The <ant> builds for those are
currently pretty much unsupported over in Tomcat land :).

>  2) moved ant-contrib and domts over (easier to make them validate and
> they shouldn't change much overtime anyway)
>
>  3) catalina should be fixed

At least until the Tomcatters break it again :).

Re: toward equilibrium

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
1) & 3) sound like the documented issue of having two different
dependencies with an id of junit (ant-junit-1.6 and junit-3.8.1), and
supply both to Maven such that ant-junit gets used in place of junit.

- Brett

Re: toward equilibrium

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 10 October 2004 14:24, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>   2) excalibur-logger
>        it doesn't find the "avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar" dependency

I think I and Steve have taken care of this one now.

>   4) excalibur-sourceresolve
>        does not find the following dependencies:
> 	avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar
>          jsse-1.0.3_03.jar
>          excalibur-fortress-container-api-1.2.jar
>          excalibur-fortress-meta-1.2.jar
>          qdox-1.1.jar

Also taken care of, I think. The fortress parts, jsse and qdox were not
referenced in the Gump project, and AF4 has been "taken care of", I think.

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: toward equilibrium

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Fixed.
>
> Steve.

Thanks *so* much.

--
Stefano.

RE: toward equilibrium

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

This is caused by the faulted build.properties file generated by Gump's
Maven builder.

>   2) excalibur-logger
>
>        it doesn't find the "avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar" dependency

Fixed.

>   3) excalibur-event-impl
>
>        all dependencies appear satisfied, but it doesn't find "junit"
> classes

Same issue - duplicate properties.

>   4) excalibur-sourceresolve
>
>        does not find the following dependencies:
> 	avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar

Fixed.

Steve.