Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 16:00:58 UTC

Ready for 5.0.5?

I'm thinking about putting together a 5.0.5 release this week, prior
to a (short) vote.

None of the existing bugs is super critical and I'd like to get
exposure of a few things, such as the new Palette component.

Is there anything that MUST go into 5.0.5?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about putting together a 5.0.5 release this week, prior
> to a (short) vote.

Great, FWIW consider my happy vote.

I would have intentional to be able to test for TAPESTRY-1423 but i
lack time, anyway that is not at all a critical problem (for me) right
now.

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
I saw the radio button component was committed recently, thank you!

That was a big one for me. So far, I haven't been bleeding much even
though I am working with snapshots.  I hope that 5.0.6 Snapshots will
be available soon.

Besides the release of 5.0.5, I would appreciate any necessary fixes
to the quickstart documentation /mvn command strings/repository
locations, etc.  So noobs like me can get started on Tapestry without
loosing any inertia getting familiar with Maven.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by petros <pe...@cypoz.com>.
Yes it does work. I was putting the app.properties file under WEB-INF/classes
instead of just WEB-INF.
Sorry about this ........

Petros

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It definately does.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by petros <pe...@cypoz.com>.

RE: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Ben Sommerville <be...@bulletproof.com.au>.
Without http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1585 the new upload
module is not going to be usable (and it's a trivial fix :) )

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
Awesome Howard!  Sounds like you found some time away from your paying
projects. ;-)

I was curious about what was needed to fix

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1508
(NPE on some image stream responses)
But I see it's still open.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
>    * [TAPESTRY-1485] - Remove the Any component --- not necessary
> because of expansions in attributes

Maybe it's a bit late, but I thought I'd comment on the removal of Any.
It precludes some of the invisible instrumentation which we're used to.

Expansions are quite visible in the HTML, whereas using Any would allow
overriding of HTML attributes by using the tapestry namespace prefix.

Just a thought anyway - many thanks for all the progress made on 5.0.5.

Cheers,
Nick.

Re: Ready for 5.0.5?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.