Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gorka Echevarría <ge...@bilbomatica.es> on 2003/01/08 12:49:55 UTC

I cannot view a pdf generated usin FOP in IE 5.5. SP2 + Acrobat Reader 5.0

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem in viewing a pdf report generated using FOP.
The description of the problem is the following:
I have two j2ee environments: one deployed in a wnt (environment1) and another deployed in an AIX machine (environment2).
I generate the reports on the fly in both of them using FOP and then a servlet sends the pdf stream to the browser.
In the environment1 I can see perfectly the report generated in my browser (IE 5.5 SP2 + Acrobat Reader 5.0) but in the environment2 the report is not open in the browser with the same configuration (i only see a blank page), although I can see the report from a client with IE 5.0 + Acrobat Reader 5.0
The configuration of the web clients in my application should be IE 5.5 + SP2.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you very much.

Gorka Echevarría (gechevarria@bilbomatica.es )
Bilbomática S.A.
Licenciado Poza 55 4 planta
Tel. 94.427.63.08
Fax 94.427.15.47
48013 BILBAO

Re: I cannot view a pdf generated usin FOP in IE 5.5. SP2 + Acrobat Reader 5.0

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Gorka Echevarría wrote:

> I have a very strange problem in viewing a pdf report generated using FOP.
> The description of the problem is the following:
> I have two j2ee environments: one deployed in a wnt (environment1) and
> another deployed in an AIX machine (environment2).
> I generate the reports on the fly in both of them using FOP and then a
> servlet sends the pdf stream to the browser.
> In the environment1 I can see perfectly the report generated in my
> browser (IE 5.5 SP2 + Acrobat Reader 5.0) but in the environment2 the
> report is not open in the browser with the same configuration (i only
> see a blank page), although I can see the report from a client with IE
> 5.0 + Acrobat Reader 5.0
> The configuration of the web clients in my application should be IE 5.5
> + SP2.
Search in fop-user archive, that's really faq. Hits: make sure you have set
content-type, content-length, dummy=.pdf at the end, don't use POST, try
different browser after all.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team