Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2013/01/30 13:19:48 UTC

cryptic exception in Hadoop/Cassandra job

I have a Hadoop/Cassandra map/reduce job that performs a simple transformation on a table
with very roughly 1 billion columns spread across roughly 4 million rows. During reduction, I
see a relative handful of the following:

Exception in thread "Streaming to /10.4.0.3:1" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException
	at org.apache.cassandra.utils.FBUtilities.unchecked(FBUtilities.java:628)
 	at org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:34)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
 Caused by: java.io.EOFException
 	at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
 	at org.apache.cassandra.streaming.FileStreamTask.receiveReply(FileStreamTask.java:194)
 	at org.apache.cassandra.streaming.FileStreamTask.runMayThrow(FileStreamTask.java:104)
 	at org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:30)
 	... 3 more

which ultimately leads to job failure. I can't tell if this is a bug in my code or in the underlying framework.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to debug this?

TIA

Brian

Re: cryptic exception in Hadoop/Cassandra job

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.
I'm not sure this is the same problem. I'm getting these even when using a single reducer
for the entire job.

Brian

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.

Posted by Pieter Callewaert <pi...@be-mobile.be>.