Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by "Mark A. Matienzo" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/07 16:19:39 UTC

LDCache: "whitelist" configuration?

Hi there -

We are trying get a better understanding of how LDCache configurations work
in my shop, as we'd like to reduce the number of outgoing connections for
external resources. I've read over the Marmotta documentation, but I'm
still not entirely clear how we can achieve our desired outcome.

Is there a way we can selectively "whitelist" only certain URL patterns for
retrieval? For example, if we wanted to dereference and cache resources
from the Library of Congress, could we some how selectively scope the cache
configuration to only include URIs that match "http://id.loc.gov"?

Thanks,

Mark A. Matienzo <ma...@matienzo.org>
Director of Technology, Digital Public Library of America

Re: LDCache: "whitelist" configuration?

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Mark A. Matienzo <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We are trying get a better understanding of how LDCache configurations
> work in my shop, as we'd like to reduce the number of outgoing connections
> for external resources. I've read over the Marmotta documentation, but I'm
> still not entirely clear how we can achieve our desired outcome.

So far the the documentation that we have is available at
http://marmotta.apache.org/platform/ldcache-module.html

> Is there a way we can selectively "whitelist" only certain URL patterns
> for retrieval? For example, if we wanted to dereference and cache resources
> from the Library of Congress, could we some how selectively scope the cache
> configuration to only include URIs that match "http://id.loc.gov"?

That's exactly the purpose. Assuming those resources are directly provided
as Linked Data, you'd need to configure a new LDCache endpoint that uses
the "linked data" provider and "^http://id.loc.gov/*" as prefix. And then
you can backlist whatever else you do not want to cache.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández