Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rodrigo Arias L <pa...@flecharoja.com> on 2002/09/30 23:50:19 UTC

Problem with Forward

Hi, my name is Rodrigo,
I'm using struts with Velocity, my problems is that when I use the code
"return (mapping.findForward("HomeMenuShow"));"  in the edit form for
employer (for example) to return to the main menu, if the action was
"save", the app save the new employer, then show the main menu, but if you
refresh the menu page, the app try to store again the employer, if you see
the URL, it still has the same "save" URL, not the "menu" URL, ok, but if I
change the param FORWARD in web.xml for the action servlet to use a
redirect in true with:
     <init-param>
       <param-name>forward</param-name>
       <param-value>org.apache.struts.action.RedirectingActionForward
</param-value>
     </init-param>

this work fine with URL's, and the retry to save not happens again, but all
Velocity tags like
	$myClass.cod_employer

doesn't work anytime.

Thanks,