Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Patrick O'shea <po...@epo.org> on 2005/12/15 17:41:46 UTC

{m2] plugin execution order

Hi,

If i have multiple plugins running in the same phase,
How do i control the order that they are run ?

thanks in advance
Patrick O'Shea

RE: {m2] plugin execution order

Posted by Patrick O'shea <po...@epo.org>.
Hi,

it just means that i can configure a plugin to a phase in the pom.xml,
like the following:
<plugin>
     <executions>
         <execution>
           <id>deploy-site</id>
           <phase>install</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>deploy</goal>
                </goals>
      </execution>
</executions>
<executions>

The problem I have, is that I have multiple plugins with executions
configured to the install phase,
and the order they are run in is not the order they appear in the pom.xml

thanks,
Patrick O'Shea

"Christopher Cobb" <ch...@wfinet.com>
12/15/2005 06:10 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"'Maven Users List'" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: {m2] plugin execution order

I just read this:

"you can use the executions element to gain more control over the order of
particular goals"

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.ht

ml

(Plugins section)

Of course, I have no clue what that actually means.