Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2008/12/08 00:52:59 UTC

[codebase] high level overview, package layering

Hi (this is 2nd mail send-try, because my last mail with
image-attachement did not arrive),

I like the framework and would like to contribute. For a starter trying
to dig into codebase a bit. What wondered me was, whether there is a
kind of very high level codebase documentation (package based)?

I  did a short overview with structure101 to grasp it a bit (see also
http://aldana-online.de/screenshots/packageOverview.png). For that I
used project tapestry-core. There are cycles in it, which makes
understanding package organization a bit difficult. Is there a kind of
convention (or a plan for it) to avoid package cycles like in
Spring-framework?

another thing I noticed: There is a package 'test' in production
source-folder. Why aren't you using maven2 convention to put all test
resources to src/test/java?

btw: I tried to attach screenshot to a mail instead of above link, but
it did not work. I guess attachements aren't allowed in tapestry
dev-maillist?

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de