Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Charron, Tom" <to...@contractors.roche.com> on 2017/06/08 16:52:31 UTC

Derby metadata locked, parameterized query.

  Recently, we have updated some code we have to go thru Parameterized
queries, and we are seeing a rare, but odd, problem.

  Sometimes, we are encountering a lock timeout on the metadata during
preparation of the queries.  What would cause the read only tables to be
locked?

  We are running derby 10.9.1.0.

  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Derby metadata locked, parameterized query.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 6/8/17 9:52 AM, Charron, Tom wrote:
>   Recently, we have updated some code we have to go thru Parameterized
> queries, and we are seeing a rare, but odd, problem.
>
>   Sometimes, we are encountering a lock timeout on the metadata during
> preparation of the queries.  What would cause the read only tables to
> be locked?
>
>   We are running derby 10.9.1.0.
>
>   Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Tom,

Can you include the error you are seeing and, if possible, the query
which raises this error?

Thanks,

--Rick