Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca> on 2017/12/08 18:25:07 UTC

backup / restore (command line)

Here what we test here.

./admin.sh -b -file backup-test.zip

So we made a change inside a public room,  we change the name of the room and some configuration.

After we run this :  /admin.sh -r --file /admin.sh -r -file

All the settings that was change are still there,  am i missing something ?

RE: backup / restore (command line)

Posted by "Chamberland, Martin" <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca>.
I will try to be clear as possible.

The issue here is that we run now 4.0.1 nightly and we want to start modyfiying rooms and make some change in the translation section from english to french.

The thing is that 4.0.1 RC and stable and even 4.0.2 will get out.  So we don’t want to had to make those multiples changes again and again.

That’s why i ask for how to make a safe backup. Because right now,  as i did every upgrade, we always lost rooms settings and translation job.
It’s really a pain to do it again each time.

so your previous data is just added to the existent data (duplication)

this is why I'm adding --drop
for derby DB folder should be manually deleted

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: backup / restore (command line)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
It is described on the
http://openmeetings.apache.org/Upgrade.html#_toc_detailed_steps page
Please let me know if it is somehow unclear ....

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: backup / restore (command line)