Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@sonicsoftware.com> on 2004/04/18 16:46:38 UTC

Process and remove options for addressing?

Hey folks:

Questions about the process and remove options on AddressingHeaders.

I've changed the default of the "remove" option to false due to some
problems at the WS-Eventing interop - removal is generally not the
responsibility of an individual Handler, since that screws with the
ability of other Handlers or backend code to see the whole message.
Instead the infrastructure should be able to automatically remove
processed headers when forwarding messages as an intermediary, which is
the only really valid case for removal anyway (unless you're removing an
encrypted header and replacing it with the unencrypted version or
something).  Can we just get rid of this?

Next, why the "process" option?  When wouldn't you want to mark the
headers as processed while converting them to the AddressingHeaders
structure?  I'd like to remove the process option and do one of two
things.  a) just always mark processed on the headers, or b) default to
doing nothing and adding an explicit "setProcessed()" API on
AddressingHeaders which keeps track of the SOAPHeaderElements and marks
them processed when called (this lets the Handler explicitly decide when
to do it).  I'd be fine with either choice, and would like to hear
opinions / thoughts on this.

Thanks,
--Glen