Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2002/06/06 19:21:43 UTC

4.0.1 -> 4.0.3 class not found

Hi,
I have a webapp that works in Tomcat v4.0.1.  It uses JAXP, Crimson,
Xalan, so all those jars are in WEB-INF/lib.  I left the Xerces.jar as
some parts of the webapp use Xerces.

I just installed Tomcat v4.0.3 in a separate directory.  I copied my
web-app into it, same jars into WEB-INF/lib, and configured the server
as I need (basically just changed the port numbers).  Now I get the
following:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl

But the jar is in WEB-INF/lib. The class is in the jar. The jar is
readable by everyone.  The context log has a line like:
2002-06-06 12:59:00 WebappLoader[/MyApp]: Deploy JAR
/WEB-INF/lib/crimson.jar to
/home/myhome/myserverroot/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/lib/crimson.jar

Neither the context log nor any tomcat logs have any errors.  What's up
with this? ;)  Any help appreciated,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics