Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chris holt <ch...@valco-data.com> on 2004/10/20 17:48:07 UTC

Group based PSML

By the looks of how PSML's can be assigned to new users it appears that
you could have group based PSML as well as role based.
How would you configure jetspeed to assign new users their PSML file
based on groups instead of roles?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Group based PSML

Posted by Dan Moore <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Chris,

>From the looks of it, there's no support for doing 'groupmerge' which
is what I think you want, based on the phrase 'assign new users their
PSML file based on groups instead of roles.'  You could probably hack
something together; look at the mergeRoleProfiles method of
org.apache.jetspeed.services.profiler.JetspeedProfilerService.

Is that type of behavior what you're looking for?  Or do you just want
users to be able to see things based on groups?  In that case, I think
you might want to look at references
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/psml.html, under PSML References)
and forwards (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/forwards.html).

Dan