Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sz...@SonicWALL.com on 2003/06/24 00:53:03 UTC

newbie: how to send a long or a long[] parameter?

Hi, I have a web service method that takes a long and long[] as parameters, how do I pass those from the Call.invoke method?
I know how to pass objects like String as parameters, how does the service know the difference between long and Long?

To be more precise:
            call.addParameter( "foo1", Constants.XSD_LONG, ParameterMode.IN ); // is this right for passing a primitive long?
            call.addParameter( "foo2", ????, ParameterMode.IN ); // how to pass a long[]?
	long foo1=12321;
	long[] f002 = new long[]{1,2,3};
	Object ret = call.invoke( new Object[] {new Long(foo1),foo2} ); // is this right?

My service method has the signature:
	boolean foomethod(long foo1, long[] foo2)

Thanks.

Shunhui