Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/03 22:07:41 UTC

Re: Ignite Remote Caching

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

abhishek dutta gupta wrote
> I have query on how we can access multiple nodes in cluster in Ignite in
> localhost and post some values by Java client through Remote Cache i.e. My
> remote cache will exist in different JVM instances rather than my client?

You just start a client node and use it to access data on server nodes. But
why do you need multiple nodes on the same host in the first place?

abhishek dutta gupta wrote
> Secondly how we can do affinity of Ignite from Java client?

What exactly do you mean by this? Generally, this is done automatically by
Ignite. I.e., if you do a cache operation, it will go to primary node, there
is nothing you need to do to force this.

abhishek dutta gupta wrote
> Thirdly can we inject any custom code while doing Indexing in Ignite? I
> have a map object inside an entity and I want to index a particular map
> value , can we write some java code here?

No, you can't do this. You need to store map value in a separate table and
create one-to-many relationship, similar to relational DB.