Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jithin Raju <ji...@shapeblue.com> on 2023/06/01 03:49:17 UTC

Re: Cloudstack4.18 usable memory is showing less than allocated memory

Hi Stanley,

The screenshots are not displayed for me, do you have another way to share the screenshots?
Which hypervisor you are using? Is any memory over-provisioning configured?
What about other guest OS such as any Linux distro or other versions of Windows?

-Jithin

From: Stanley Burkee <st...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 31 May 2023 at 8:38 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Cloudstack4.18 usable memory is showing less than allocated memory
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing an issue with Cloudstack 4.18. I have allocated 6 GB memory to a Windows server 2019 but when I log into the VM the usable memory is showing 5 GB. Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshots given below

[cid:ii_libu7nmg0]

[cid:ii_libucx9m1]

Thanks in advance

Regards

Stanley Burkee

Re: Cloudstack4.18 usable memory is showing less than allocated memory

Posted by Stanley Burkee <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jithin,

Thanks a lot for your help.

After changing the overcommit meemory to 1 instead of 1.2, the issue is
resolved.

Thanks

Regards

Stanley Burkee