Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Thanh Do <th...@cs.wisc.edu> on 2013/06/02 17:51:57 UTC

read test with PE

hi,

I tried to run read test with PerformanceEvaluation (PE).
What I did was.
1) create TestTable with a bunch of key-value first using PE sequentialWrite
2) run PE randomRead using following command.
hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation randomRead 3

However, from the log, it seems that at step 2, PE actually disables,
deletes
and recreates the TestTable before running the randomRead test.
This means that the read test runs on an empty table!

Is this an expected behavior, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Thanh

Re: read test with PE

Posted by Thanh Do <th...@cs.wisc.edu>.
Thanks Ted for looking into this.

I think the presplit opiton is the problem.
In step 1, I created the table with --presplit=3
In step 2, I run the read test and passed --presplit option as well.

As a result, the deletion happened during step 2.

Removing --presplit option at step 2 solved the problem.

Thanh

Re: read test with PE

Posted by Thanh Do <th...@cs.wisc.edu>.

Re: read test with PE