Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Neeraj Vaidya <ne...@yahoo.co.in> on 2017/02/24 01:05:19 UTC

Cache Entries get lost after multiple nodes started ?

Hi,
I have populated a cache containing a K,V pair of <AffinityUuid(CustomObject) , CustomClassObject>.
It gets populated fine when I start a single node which is responsible for populating the cache. I am able to retrieve all rows using Zeppelin ignite interpreter or even using web-console.

However, when I start another node using the same configuration file used above, some of the cache entries just vanish. Is there any reason why this could be happening ? Note that this node is not performing any data manipulation. It is just being started using the $IGNITE_HOME\bin\ignite.bat script followed by configuration file name.

Regards,
Neeraj

Re: Cache Entries get lost after multiple nodes started ?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Neeraj,

The latter most likely means that this node was running in server mode. You
should start it as client:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers

-Val