Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rajsekhar Mallick <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/15 16:58:47 UTC

Unable to track compaction completion

Hello team,

I have been trying to figure out, how to track the completion of a
compaction on a node.
Nodetool compactionstats show instantaneous results.

I found that system.compaction_in_progress gets me the same details as that
of compactionstats. Also it gets me a id for running compaction.
I was of the view that checking for the same id in
system.compaction_history would fetch me the compaction details after a
running compaction ends.
But no such relationship exists I see.
Please do confirm on the above.

Thanks,
Rajsekhar Mallick

RE: Unable to track compaction completion

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Rajsekhar,

I think monitoring the CompactionManagerMBean is what you need.

Kenneth Brotman