Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2013/04/22 23:57:21 UTC

unable to register servers

Hello all,

I'm getting the following message when trying to do an initial install of 1.2.2. Please advise how to work around this issue.

('INFO 2013-04-22 11:32:52,545 security.py:49 - SSL Connect being called.. connecting to the server
INFO 2013-04-22 11:32:52,696 Controller.py:103 - Unable to connect to: https://servername1:8441/agent/v1/register/servername5
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py", line 88, in registerWithServer
    response = self.sendRequest(self.registerUrl, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Controller.py", line 237, in sendRequest
    self.cachedconnect = security.CachedHTTPSConnection(self.config)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py", line 77, in __init__
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py", line 82, in connect
    self.httpsconn.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/security.py", line 66, in connect
    ca_certs=server_crt)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py", line 338, in wrap_socket
    suppress_ragged_eofs=suppress_ragged_eofs)
 File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py", line 120, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/ssl.py", line 279, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:490: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
', None)

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<ma...@nyp.org>
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

RE: unable to register servers

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.
Thank you all for your help, I was able to successfully install Ambari. In the end I had to constantly remove HDP.repo and HDP-epel.repo files form /etc/yum.repos.d/ and manually install failed packages, I had to reset ambari-server a few times because it would just hang.

Thank you.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.
Awesome!

Thanks.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst

________________________________

Posted by Jeff Sposetti <je...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Artem,

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Artem,

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.
I did create HDP-1.2.1 repo locally and ran createrepo. I realized just now that /etc/yum.repos.d had two new entries HDP.repo and HDP-epel.repo. I disabled those, it should not try to go out for packages. I tried yum install snappy and I was able to fetch the package even before, I just didn't realize the two entries above were added. I also edited the files in cd /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks
As per the http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/1.2.1/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/ambari-chap1-6.html. I will report back when I run it again.

Thank you

Posted by Olivier Renault <or...@hortonworks.com>.

--