Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org> on 2004/11/01 12:19:35 UTC

Re: LuceneContentIndexer

Unico Hommes wrote:

> Instead I'd prefer only the extractor approach, add a
> TextContentExtractor that simply echoes the contents as is, and add an
> XMLContentExtractor that extracts XML character data to replace the
> current XMLContentIndexer.
Sounds good for me.

I currently thought about to create a LuceneContentIndexer in the
index.lucene package, that merges the support of extractors in
TextContentIndexer with the support of transactions and asynchron
indexing in the lucene package.

What do you think?

Stefan

Re: LuceneContentIndexer

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
On 1-nov-04, at 12:19, Stefan Lützkendorf wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> Instead I'd prefer only the extractor approach, add a
>> TextContentExtractor that simply echoes the contents as is, and add
>> an XMLContentExtractor that extracts XML character data to replace
>> the current XMLContentIndexer.
> Sounds good for me.
>
> I currently thought about to create a LuceneContentIndexer in the
> index.lucene package, that merges the support of extractors in
> TextContentIndexer with the support of transactions and asynchron
> indexing in the lucene package.
>
> What do you think?

Yeah by all means! Support for asynchronic indexing is a must. I've
experienced that when the index starts to grow adding and especially
optimizing the documents starts to become really slow.

--
Unico