Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Apaar Trivedi <at...@bluefishgroup.com> on 2008/04/16 20:47:07 UTC

Multiple artifact handlers being use at a reactor level

I have basically pasted this from the irc channel:

In a reactor, is it possible that the first artifacthandler that gets
used will be used for all subsequent modules that get run?  Even if
those modules provide their own artifacthandler?

Because that is what's going on in my build.  I have module foo that
gets run using the default handler (nothing specified), then my next
module bar, which is built using a plugin we provided which configures
its own artifacthandler, doesnt seem to get that handler, hence it comes
out in the incorrect packaging type (this is howI know it's not  using
the specific plugins handler.)

But if i move module bar which uses the plugin with specific handler
before module foo, then it gets the correct packaging type (in this case
a zip file).

Is this a known issue or what?

Thanks

Apaar Trivedi

Re: Multiple artifact handlers being use at a reactor level

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
I've had a similar issues when using different extensions that provide
lifecycles in the same build.
My solution was to write my own maven plugin that contained all the
lifecycles I needed (copy/paste from the original), and only use that
plugin as an extension.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
If you're creating a new packaging/lifecycle for a specific type of
component you really get into a mess when you try to do it in-situ.
Just build it separately and then use it. What you're trying is not
specifically supported, if it works it's not intentional. Any
lifecycles or packaging you provide should be in place before starting
a particular build that uses them.

On 16-Apr-08, at 11:47 AM, Apaar Trivedi wrote:
> I have basically pasted this from the irc channel:
>

> In a reactor, is it possible that the first artifacthandler that gets
> used will be used for all subsequent modules that get run?  Even if
> those modules provide their own artifacthandler?
>

> Because that is what's going on in my build.  I have module foo that
> gets run using the default handler (nothing specified), then my next
> module bar, which is built using a plugin we provided which configures
> its own artifacthandler, doesnt seem to get that handler, hence it
> comes
> out in the incorrect packaging type (this is howI know it's not  using
> the specific plugins handler.)
>

> But if i move module bar which uses the plugin with specific handler
> before module foo, then it gets the correct packaging type (in this
> case
> a zip file).
>

> Is this a known issue or what?
>

> Thanks