Posted to user@drill.apache.org by George Lu <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/03 16:55:34 UTC

Do I need to install Drill on each of the Hadoop data nodes or HBase RegionServer

Hi all,

For the distributed mode installation, I have some questions,

1) Do I need to install Drill to each Hadoop Data Node or HBase
RegionServer? Or I can install to any nodes in the cluster?

2) From the "Deploying Apache Drill in a Clustered Environment" in the
confluence page, mentions below:
"If you are using external JAR files, edit drill-env.sh, located in
/opt/drill/conf/, and define HADOOP_HOME:"

What is external JAR files? What is the purpose if I set the HADOOP_HOME?

Thanks!

George Lu

Re: Do I need to install Drill on each of the Hadoop data nodes or HBase RegionServer

Posted by George Lu <lu...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Thanks!

George

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Phillips <sp...@maprtech.com>.
That is very out of date. There is no longer any reason to set HADOOP_HOME.
The necessary hadoop jars are included in the drill installation.

--
 Steven Phillips
 Software Engineer

 mapr.com